Immigrant fleeing persecution in their homeland, put their lives endanger along with their children, to go to a new land in hopes of a better life. They traveled a great distance, not sure of what laid in store in a new country, called America. When they arrived, the Americans living there, gave them what little they had and help them survive. Those Native Americans, did not push them back in the ocean but received them with open arms. That was almost 400 years ago. The refugees were the Pilgrims and that is why we celebrate Thanksgiving.
Husband, father & grandfather. Engineer & theologian. Former Marine.
Thoughts and musing of a saved sinner, moderate conservative & independent thinker.
Why We Celebrate Thanksgiving
Immigrant fleeing persecution in their homeland, put their lives endanger along with their children, to go to a new land in hopes of a better life. They traveled a great distance, not sure of what laid in store in a new country, called America. When they arrived, the Americans living there, gave them what little they had and help them survive. Those Native Americans, did not push them back in the ocean but received them with open arms. That was almost 400 years ago. The refugees were the Pilgrims and that is why we celebrate Thanksgiving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
When one says, "I believe in the Constitution,” what do they mean? Let me post what I mean when I say it. 1. I believe that Article I...
-
Biblically, there is no Revival of American Greatness under the presidency of Donald Trump. Conservative-Evangelicals falsely believe that T...
-
In 2nd Timothy, Paul states, that in the last days perilous times shall come. What marks these days: For men shall be lovers of their own ...
No comments:
Post a Comment